Liverpool hosts an exciting and diverse range of international events. This page is our pick of the best exhibitions, festivals, carnivals and sporting events over the next 12 months.
From the much-anticipated re-opening of one of its favourite theatres to exhibitions from the likes of Piet Mondrian and Andy Warhol - not to mention the small matter of the UK's contemporary arts festival - Liverpool is gearing up for a major year of cultural activity in 2014.
- 6th June - 5th October 2014: Mondrian at Tate Liverpool
- 12th June - 31st December 2014: Dazzle Ship
- 5th July - 26th October 2014: Liverpool Biennial
- 5th July - 30th November 2014: John Moore's Painting Prize 2014
- 9th August - 6th September 2014: The Liverpool Wire
- 20th-26th August 2014: International Beatleweek
- 15th-30th August 2014: Liverpool International Music Festival (LIMF) 2014
- 22nd-24th August 2014: Creamfields
- 7th September 2014: Sky Ride Liverpool
- 7th September 2014: Tour of Britain Grand Depart
- 8th September 2014: Tour of Britain - Stage Two - Knowsley
- 11th-14th September 2014: Heritage Open Days: Liverpool
- 19th - 21st September 2014: Liverpool Food and Drink Festival
- 19th September 2014 - 22nd February 2015: Sssnakes Alive! Exhibition
- 20th-21st September 2014: Southport Air Show
- 7th November 2014 - 8th February 2015: Transmitting Andy Warhol
- 6th-7th December 2014: Winter Arts Market at St George's Hall
- 9th - 11th April 2015: Crabbie's Grand National Festival
- 22nd - 24th May 2015: Sound City
- 25th May 2015: Cunard Line's Three Queens Meeting
Don’t miss out on your favourite hotel. Book your accommodation now with the VisitLiverpool online booking service.