Liverpool hosts an exciting and diverse range of international events. This page is our pick of the best exhibitions, festivals, carnivals and sporting events over the next 12 months.
From the much-anticipated re-opening of one of its favourite theatres to exhibitions from the likes of Piet Mondrian and Andy Warhol - not to mention the small matter of the UK's contemporary arts festival - Liverpool is gearing up for a major year of cultural activity in 2014.
- 3rd-5th April 2014: The Grand National 2014
- 1st-4th May 2014: Liverpool Sound City
- 16th May 2014: Light Night 2014
- 25th May 2014: Rock 'n' Roll Marathon
- 21st-22nd June 2014: Africa Oyé 2014
- 7th-15th June 2014: Liverpool Arab Arts Festival 2014
- 11th-19th July 2014: Brazilica Festival
- 11th-18th July 2014: Brouhaha International Street Festival 2014
- 23rd-27th July 2014: Memories of August 1914
- 2nd August 2014: Liverpool Pride Festival
- 14th-17th August 2014: Southport Flower Show
- 20th-26th August 2014: International Beatleweek
- 15th-30th August 2014: Liverpool International Music Festival
- 22nd-24th August 2014: Creamfields
- 20th-21st September 2014: Southport Air Show
Don’t miss out on your favourite hotel. Book your accommodation now with the VisitLiverpool online booking service.