Accessibility Information - Travel via Road
Liverpool is well connected to the UK motorway network. From the M6, take the M62, the M58 or the M56 directly into the city.
National Express will take visitors straight into the heart of Liverpool from over 50 destinations across the UK. For in-depth accessibility information on National Express coaches, please visit their website.
In Liverpool all licensed black cabs and a number of licensed private hire vehicles are wheelchair accessible. Here are some useful phone numbers of some of the major taxi companies within Liverpool.
- ComCab +44(0)151 298 2222
There are a variety of private hire taxi companies which will mainly be using saloon cars.
- Alpha Taxis +44 (0)151 722 8888
- Delta Taxis +44(0)151 922 7373 or download the app
- Britannia Taxis +44 (0)151 708 7080
Accessible parking facilities
- Q-Park: There are 5 x Q-Park car parks in the centre of Liverpool and they have around 180 x blue badge parking spaces within their facilities (please note these are not free of charge)
- Liverpool City Council Blue Badge parking: If you have a blue badge you can park in any on street Pay and Display bays and in most of the city's Pay and Display car parks free of charge, with no time limit. Badge holders must ensure that a valid blue badge is clearly on display in the windscreen, so the date of expiry and issuing council are clearly visible from outside the vehicle
All buses in Merseyside are accessible and specifically designed for people who are less mobile such as wheelchair users, older people and parents with buggies. Key facilities at some of the main bus stations in Liverpool include: Accessible toilets / Parent & Baby facilities at some bus stations (during open hours), Fully trained staff and more. For more information, please visit the Merseytravel website.